Your Privacy is Important to Us
LifePolicy.com.au, Equita Financial Services Pty Ltd and any related companies that may be incorporated from time to time (collectively referred to as 'Equita', 'we', 'us', and 'our') are committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the NPPs.
Collection of Personal Information
Equita only collects personal information which is necessary in connection with its business purposes. These purposes include:
- To answer your questions with regards to your insurance needs.
- To provide you with quotes and advice as requested.
The specific types of personal information collected and used by Equita varies according to the purpose for collection. However, in general this information includes:
- Your name, location, phone number and email address.
- Your gender, date of birth, smoking status and occupation.
Equita collects most of the personal information it requires directly from you by way of written forms and other correspondence (including faxes, letters and emails), by telephone, in person, by its representatives, and via its website.
It is important that Equita collects the information it requires about you. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with its services.
Before providing personal information about another individual to Equita, you must first ensure that the other individual is aware of:
- The disclosure of their information to Equita and the purposes for which the information is collected.
- The individual's ability to request access to the personal information held about them by Equita, and to advise Equita if they think the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Equita may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected (see Collection of Personal Information), reasonably expected secondary purposes, where you have consented, and otherwise in accordance with the NPPs, including:
- To enquire with various insurance companies on your insurability and the premiums they will charge, along with any exclusions or restrictions they may place on your cover.
- To provide you with information from time to time about the services offered by Equita, including updates, special deals and other information about insurance and financial services offered by Equita. You may notify Equita by written notice addressed to our Privacy Officer at any time if you do not wish to receive this information;
- To maintain a relationship with you as a client of Equita or other member programs;
- To conduct surveys and other market research to assist us in assessing and improving our services;
- Where required or authorised by law; and
- Where required for administrative purposes and all other purposes reasonably associated with Equita's business.
We may disclose your information to third party contractors and service providers engaged by Equita from time to time to provide goods or services to us or on our behalf (including but not limited to email and mail handling providers, financial and credit service providers and market research providers). Where such a third party is engaged, we prohibit them from using personal information provided to them by us, except for the specific purpose for which we supplied it.
Your information may be shared between LifePolicy.com.au and Equita Financial Services Pty Ltd, and with any related companies that are incorporated from time to time.
Data Quality, Storage and Security
Equita strives to ensure that all personal information held in its records is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Personal information is held in a combination of electronic (and in some cases, hard copy) records stored securely at Equita's facilities. Electronic information is protected by password security and other data protection measures.
Access to personal information is restricted in accordance with Equita's procedures to those personnel whose job functions require access to such information. Certain administrative functions may from time to time be contracted out to third parties, and in these cases appropriate security measures are implemented to ensure the security and integrity of all personal information.
Access and Correction
You may obtain access to the information held about you by Equita by writing to our Privacy Officer as detailed below.
In accordance with the NPPs, Equita may deny access to requests for access to information in certain circumstances, including where:
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of another individual
- Providing access to the information would be unlawful, or the law permits Equita to deny access
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or would prejudice Equita's commercial negotiations with you or other individuals
- In Equita's opinion, the request is frivolous or vexatious.
Equita will correct any personal information which it becomes aware is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Point of Contact
The Privacy Officer
Equita Financial Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 511
Hamilton QLD 4007